The number of unicorns in Europe is still only a fraction of those worldwide, but the group is on a steep upward trajectory. The continent is now home to over 390 unicorns—privately held startup companies valued at over $1B. One-third passed the billion-dollar mark in 2021 alone.
Here are some key benchmark points for trends in European unicorns investments through the first half of 2022, including:
- The distribution of European unicorns by city and country
- European unicorns broken out by industry
- The trillion-dollar value of unicorn valuation over time
- The rise of European decacorns and their share of unicorn value
- Investments received by unicorns broken out by funding round
- Dollars invested in European unicorns by region